Wednesday, December 3, 2008

TURKEY IS SERVED!

Yeah, that's me if you couldn't tell. Jefferson was freaking out about the scary mad woman before I told him. Course, he freaks out when he knows it's me being a scary mad woman about once a month...
Anyway. This year for Thanksgiving we had Jefferson and I, the Hoffs, Grandma, the missionaries, and the Robinsons all together. There were a lot of people. But it was really fun! I was put in charge (aAnd by that I mean I put myself in charge) of the decorations. I went with a "Winter Wonderland" theme and I was really happy with how it turned out. Our camera died right when I went to take pictures, so all we have is a little snippet of 1 of the tables before the food was put out.

There were 2 tables since we couldnt' all fit at one. This is the "kids table" and that's us with the missionaries. Ana, in the front, made me laugh SO hard when I saw this picture!
So we had a beautiful fireside the week before in church called "Hymns of Grateful Praise." It was tons of different instruments and childrens' choirs and singers singing hymns about gratitude. This inspired us to do our own program after dinner! It was pretty cool. The mom of the family that came over sang a song, we did a couple as a whole group, and Al & Camille and I played Mary's Lullaby with me on the piano, Allison on the flute, and Camille on her oboe! The following, however, is one of our less reverent numbers (To Be a Pioneer) on the kazoos.


This is the girls and I during a performance. That's Tori, Baby, Squakor, Anna, and Me!

We also played the bells.
I wanted to hold a blog contest to see who could come up with the best caption for this picture. I was vetoed, but some good ones that were discussed around here were "What a ding-dong," "See no Jingle, Speak no Jingle" (from Cam), "Voices Singing, Children Ringing" (from Me), and "Jingle Al the Way" (from Jeff).

4 comments:

Josh and Rach said...

Love love that pic of you and Jeff, its so cute. I'm kind of sad I wasn't mentioned in the thanksgiving post though... :( I guess my individual post all about me is coming up next!! Ha. Also loved the kazoo songs.

Unknown said...

Jenn, you look so hot in that first picture! You could feed me turkey any time you want to!

Krista said...

oh Jenn how I miss you guys! Looks like you are having a blast! How have you been?

Lacey said...

Hey Jenn! I had Billy's work party on friday and when I got home I was so excited to see a text from you! Then later I noticed you called too! I was so bummed I missed your call!!! As for your blog, I haven't been on here in about 2 weeks! I love all the new posts! I laughed so hard at the first pic....very nice! And you did a fabulous job on your Thanksgiving deco! :)