Saturday, January 17, 2009

Grandma

We said goodbye to Grandma Hoff this month (for a little while) and I've been thinking about some of the fun times we had while she was here. It wasn't easy, but we got a lot of laughs out of some of the things she said! Here are our top 5:

5. We had a girls night out the last night she was here and went to see Bride Wars. I told her "it's a story about two best friends who try to sabatoge each others' weddings. So it's just silly, but hopefully we'll get some good laughs out of it." She replied "Or some good ideas, at least!" ..... "Uh, how many weddings are you planning on sabatoging, Grandma?" "Oh, you never know." Haha. After the movie I said there were some great ideas in there and she told me that was a terrible thing to say!

4. The time my sweet, loving grandma who would never hurt a flea, told someone how to incapacitate a human or animal by shooting off their kneecaps when you're hunting.

3. My mom and grandma & I were at an Enrichment. "Isn't this lovely?" my mom asked. "I'd rather be in hell!" exclaimed grandma. As we left a half an hour later she said it was a very uplifting time.
(This was when she insisted on tasting some lemons at dinner)

2. We were all sitting around my Grandma Allison's house when Grandma Hoff started telling us about how they have giant dogs roaming around the temple at night for their security system. As she got more and more in-depth, my cousin & I had to leave the room so we could bust up laughing. Afterwards, my uncle Chris just said "I'm thinkin'.... no."

And my #1 favorite thing she did....

1. Before Christmas, she was asking for something to do. My mom gave her all the Christmas presents and the bows and said "How about you put one bow on each present and then put it under the tree?" Then the phone rang so she left to get it for a minute and when she came back, Grandma was in a chair crying. "What's wrong?" she asked. Grandma replied "I think I did something wrong. I did what I thought you asked and ripped off all the tags that say who they're to and from." So my mom had to unwrap each of the presents enough to figure out what it was and who it was from & to. :) I think this is funny because I didn't have to help. :)

Oh, dear. We love her! In other news, Jefferson officially put 31 grapes in his mouth at dinner last week.
Also, one of my favorite blogs, Making It Lovely, has a post about fixing up a funny little alcove in their nursery that I thought turned out so cute!

1 comment:

Jared and Niki said...

Those grapes are really impressive! I mean, that is astounding!